August 10, 2012
August 2, 2012
I live likely with most of the people who are working with an indefinite time schedule, talking to different kind of people, and pressured with deadlines in the midst of an “err-free” environment. Here, STRESS is part of life. LIFE wouldn’t be ‘life’ without it. So in order to cope up with STRESS, here are the FIVE THINGS I usually do when I feel the burnout.
5. I WATCH TV
If entertainment is what you need to forget the thing that gives you hard time, then we got the same thing in mind: watching TV can do our thing. It may sound childish, but by seeing something different from what I’m currently focusing at can somehow lighten up the feeling of exhaustion. In fact, watching TV is one of the things I manage to do even when I feel sleepy. Have yourself some LAUGHTER.
4. I SURF THE NET
Internet has it: you could hear, see and learn almost everything in the worldwide web. More than watching the television, it can lighten up your mood not just by entertainment, but also by knowledge. (But still, it bases upon what you surf up. Numerous indecent sites are there. Be kind to yourself; Feed your mind with something useful and informative.) And ooppss! one more thing: you can also socialize.
3. I EAT COMFORT FOOD
Anybody may agree with me on this: FOOD is a DESTRESSING ally. Chocolates and pastas bring me a heavenly-like feeling. Haha. It might be unhealthy, yet when times like this, I just wanted to treat myself something good to my taste.
2. STROLL/ WALK ALONE
You can’t answer all the questions by technology. When stress is hitting me so hard, I usually go out of my box, breathe some fresh air and remind myself that there are thousands of reasons to smile. well, I USUALLY DO IT ALONE. In times like this, I value solitude. This is my sort of meditation.
This is the best solution in every unbearable problem. Among all these things, only GOD can take away my burden and worries. In a silent way, I speak my heart out. And gladly do it with thanksgiving.
(i intend to exclude WRITING, ’cause it’s obvious! haha.)
August 1, 2012
10. Glacier National Park
9. Puerto Princesa Underground River
8. Canadian Rockies
7. Great Barrier Reef, Australia
6. Iguazu falls, Brazil
5. Capetown, South Africa
4. the summit of Mount Everest
3. Fjords, Norway
2. Grand Canyon, Colorado-
1. paris, France
but of course, nothing feels like home.
July 31, 2012
i owe my blog a lot. That’s why starting tomorrow GOD willing, i’ll be writing stuff concerning the following topics:
01- Top ten places I would like to go to before I die
02- 5 things I do when stressed
03- Things I do really miss
04- Movie/s that really moved me
05- Persons who influenced me a lot
06- My favorite color
07- The characteristics I value the most
08- What’s rocking my world today?
09- My most memorable holiday
10- The quirky habit of mine
11- Something new this year
12- Three words: I am…
13- The ambitions I have dreamed of
14- Things that I wish I’m still capable of doing
15- Song/s that I love
16- Reasons of waking up
17- My favorite commercial
18- Persons I want to grow old with
19- The place I call home
20- A problem that I had
21- Turning points in my life that made me cry/ smile
22- Half empty or half full?
23- In ten years…
24- Me as a traveler
25- Lost and found
26- Things I won’t stop doing (with God’s help)
27- My last will and testament (draft)
BUSY? no, this word won’t be an excuse anymore. Wish me luck guys.
July 16, 2012
like what the TAGALOG PROVERB says, “para kang butiki na yumayakap sa hindi mo kayang yakapin.” ,
i may be considered wearing very big shoes, yet my feet are too little to fit.
but it’s not about what i can do.
but to be a willing instrument to DO HIS WILL.
i surrender my life and all I have (even i am NOTHING)
to HIM who created everything.
June 1, 2012
It was 2 months ago since my last post. And i’m very very upset to realize that I have overseen so many things, that i have forgotten so many just because I was carried away by the things around me, by the things happening.
THINGS are just so fast.
I admit i was less productive. I admit I always forget that things that I should always be reminded of. Too sad.
when i get home from work, when i lay myself to bed, I always wish that somehow, someday… the old things will come back. How i wish i could go back to where i was, to be someone I was used to be.
How i wish I turn back time.
but despite of all these changes, I have this one thing that is still here, UNCHANGED.
and that’s my faith that EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE, ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, FOR THE BENEFIT OF THOSE WHO LOVE AND SERVE HIM.
May the Peace of GOD be with US, always.
March 27, 2012
- I love green. I truly LOVE GREEN.
- I love pastas, especially SPAGHETTI! (The best spaghetti I’ve tasted is the one being cooked with tuna and butter. The “cook” made it the best.
- When I feel tired, I look at my twitter timeline.
- I always brush my eyebrows with my fingers whenever I think deep, to de-stress and to get myself to sleep.
- I hate cockroaches. Especially the FLYING ONES!
- I got my first laptop last December 2010, a product of LENOVO.
- I am totally scared of DOGS. I get hysterical whenever I see dogs running towards my direction.
- My most active year of being a writer/ contributor on a school paper is when I was in elementary, where I met different faces from different parts of the country.
- The first and only time I got knocked on the head by a teacher was in 2000 (when I was about to graduate from ELEMENTARY), when my teacher looked at me and whispered, “WHY DIDN’T YOU MADE IT ON TOP 5? I ALREADY GAVE YOU the HIGHEST GRADE IN MY SUBJECT!”
- When I was a child, me and my sibs bonded and spent time together through DRAWING AND COMICS-making. We do all have the skills on drawing, and we got it from our father, which is the best artist I have ever seen.
- My first crush is a TV CARTOON CHARACTER.
- The most expensive and most unforgettable birthday gift I received from my parents is a new ELECTRIC KEYBOARD.
- I was once a choir member. I started joining choir since I was 12.
- I took up AB ENGLISH not because I love English, but because I HATE MATHEMATICS SO MUCH, that I need to pick a course that has the least number of units in Math.
- My favorite band is MAROON 5. Yet I didn’t manage to go to their concert here in manila, which made me nearly crying.
- I love music. ♪ ♩ ♬
- I often procrastinate.
- I am childish.
- I do love children. In fact, I always want to be a kid. I always want to come back to my childhood years.
- I hate teaching, yet I was once a teacher.
- One of my frustrations: dancing and singing. I always dream to be a professional singer.
- I have fascinations on guns and cars. I REALLY DO.
- All my notebooks have my own “enhancing my vocabulary” at the last page. There are words listed which I think, are new to my hearing and sight.
- When I was a child, I always wish for BOOKS as birthday present, yet no one gave me one. Most common gift is a “wristwatch”, made of DISNEY CHARACTERS.
- One of my GREATEST dreams: to travel around the globe.
- I LOVE STARGAZING. Whenever I go home late, I always look upon the sky; seeing the stars eases my fear of getting scolded by my parents.
- I love the moonlight. I always feel great whenever I realize that the only light guiding my way home is the moonlight.
- I eat ALL kinds of FRUITS.
- I love GUN FIRING.
- I don’t usually play games, unless it’s a quiz or anything that involves words and grammar.
- I was once a HARRY POTTER addict, and I have a collection of HARRY POTTER items. I once had a crush on Daniel Radcliffe, but that was a long time ago.
- I do nail biting whenever I get stressed and worried.
- I don’t know why, but my mood corresponds with the weather. Whenever it rains, I always feel gloomy and “EMO”.
- I do watch movies more than the usual. (well, nowadays are different)
- I have an astigmatism in my left eye.
- I don’t drink coffee. I stopped drinking coffee 6 years ago.
- Yes, I do have LOW BLOOD SUGAR. That’s why I had hypoglycemia on 2006.
- I was once hospitalized without my parents knowing.
- my 3 most unforgettable dates are: 9th of February, 1st of April and 11th of June.
- I also have SKIN ALLERGY. My allergens are: sea foods, dust, heat and plants.(yes, I can’t live inside the forest)
- I am cranky whenever I get hungry. The HUNGRIER i get, the CRANKIER I am.
- I can write backwards.
- I don’t know how to cook.
- My sports are volleyball and billiards. my fave board games are scrabble and word factory. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO PLAY CHESS. haha. TRUE.
- PROVEN: I AM NOT A BUSINESS-MINDED PERSON. I hate SALES AND MARKETING.
- I have a BIG FEET.
- I sneeze like a cat.
- My first ambition was to be a Lawyer. Then it changed into a DETECTIVE. And finally, I just wanted to be a WRITER. And tadaaa! NOTHING HAPPENED.
- I habitually WRITE on air. I do it INVOLUNTARILY.
- I AM HONEST ABOUT MY FEELINGS. When I say I am happy, I am really happy. When I am mad or sad, I don’t talk. When I say I love you, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I love my LOVED-ONES. I also love my readers. I LOVE YOU ALL.
(I know this won’t help anyone. This won’t make any sense yet I feel happy to have this list. WISH YOU GOOD DAY AHEAD! BE HAPPY! )
March 11, 2012
No, I am not that type of person who likes playing games. Since childhood, I got no luck on guessing. Yet these premonitions won’t stop. I can’t make it stop.
I am not invincible.
I got weaknesses.
I am human, and now I am bounded by limits, more than the usual.
Because this is the risk I have to face, the price I have to pay.
So please let me be invisible.
I am sorry if I can’t just let myself be the way I usually am, because of these strange things happening.
But all will be the same. All will continue.
Same old feeling, same old reason.
Same old story, same old persons.
Don’t worry. I’ll be okay.
Everything will be okay… in HIS time.
ALL with HIS HELP AND MERCY.
February 29, 2012
Writing now is a lady who has so many thoughts in her mind. Too many unwanted thoughts that makes her worried and sad. She could free herself from it, I may say. Yeah, it’s easy for me to say… yet so hard for her to do.
I cannot consider that she’s idle to be easily distracted, yet I cannot say she’s that TOO busy to totally disregard things around her.
It’s like this:
In order for her to move on, and to cover up the sadness (which shows obviously for sometime), she tries to FULLY set her mind on work, show her face with a broken smile and laugh at every joke.
But no matter how she tries, the FACT still remains—that how busy she can be, she is STILL HUMAN.
She can still feel the pain.
She still bleeds.
She still cries out.
It might be sound awkward, yet she still has a heart that breaks.
She is not literally alone.
Yet, she is nobody’s girl.
And I admit, she sometimes wishes to have somebody to lean on, to have shoulders to cry on.
But she is weak to say her problems to somebody else.
She always remembers that EVERYONE has his/her own struggle, and she is not alone in suffering.
She THINKS THAT THESE THINGS SHALL PASS… and it’s not worth to share it.
But when time comes that her heart and mind are not able to handle it anymore… every night, in her silent corner, when no one seems to be awake, she fall down into her knees and face the ground. Praying that her request is heard beyond the vast sky, she silently whispers her heart’s cry– wishing not for an easier burden, but for a stronger heart that can hold on.
Just like a dog waiting for the crumbs that will fall from the master’s table.
Wish I could tell her some thoughts to lift her spirits up.
Wish I could sing her some songs to caress her heart.
Wish I could do something for her, but I could find nothing.
Because all she needs is HIS MAJESTY’s mercy and love…. for an unworthy servant like her.
February 14, 2012
My deepest APOLOGY to all my foreign readers.
Today, I decided to express this in my OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE, and to repost one of my entries as I look back on ONE of the IMPORTANT DAYS in my life.
Again, please bear with me.
(sa pagpasok ng buwan ng PEBRERO, muli niyo akong samahan sa pagbabalik-tanaw sa mga pangyayaring naganap LABING-ISANG TAON na ang nakararaan. ISANG ARAW na napakahalaga, ISANG ARAW na kung saan nagkamit ng NAPAKALAKING HABAG AT PAGIBIG ang isang kagaya ko MULA SA LUMALANG.)
Buti naman at natutuhan mo rin kahit papaano na maisip at mapakinggan ako. Malamang sa madalas na pagkakataon, nakakaligtaan mo na nandito ako at nagpapaalala lamang. Hindi ko alam, siguro napaka busy mo ngang talaga para madisregard ang sinasabi ko.
ang paalala ko.
madisregard ang buong ako.
naaalala mo pa ba?
Pagkatapos mong pumasok sa eskwela ay didiretso ka na sa isang dakong ibang-iba kumpara sa mga kaklase mong nasa covered court o kaya ay nakatambay sa labas ng eskwelahan. Suot mo pa ang paldang checkered green katerno ang neck tie, bitbit ang mabigat na bag, tiniis mo ang antok at pagod na dulot ng maghapong pag-aaral. pero imbes na matulog, pinili mong makinig.
Ni hanggang sa mga oras na ito, hindi mo pa rin alam kung bakit mo nga ba naisipan ang ganung kaseryosong bagay sa napakamurang edad.
Bakit nga ba?
Pero salamat na lamang dahil kahit parang alinlangan ang lahat, walang humadlang.
Hanggang sa dumating ang araw na pinakahihintay.
Matagal mo ring pinag- isipan ang pagdating ng araw na ito. Kakaiba pero bigla kang nagkasakit. Tinubuan ka ng allergy sa buong katawan na halos di ka makilala. Pero sa loob mo ay isang desisyong di kayang baguhin ng tao.
Kahit maging ng karamdaman at ng kamatayan.
Limang minuto bago ang alas tres. hindi mo na maalala ang mga pangyayari dahil noong mga oras na yon, isang bagay lang ang nasa isip mo. TUTULOY KA AT WALANG MAKAKAPIGIL.
NOW or NEVER ika nga. DO or DIE.
Di mo alam ang gagawin. Kabadong kabado ka dahil sa tanang buhay mo, ngayon lang ito mangyayari. oo, ngayon lang. Hindi na pwedeng maulit.
Hanggang sa lumusong ka sa tubig. Biglang lumamig ang hangin. Di mo na rin sigurong naramdaman ang patak ng ambon dahil sa tindi ng allergy na dumapo sa iyo. Masama na ang pakiramdam ng iyong pangangatawan. Pero sa mga pagkakataong iyon, hindi mo yun alintana.
Dama mo ang bigat ng tubig na abot hanggang dibdib dahil sa pagluhod; parang tinatangay ka ng tubig sa agos nito.
Ngunit sa pagpikit ng iyong mata, sandaling tumigil ang mundo sa pag-inog. Nawala ang kaba at ang magkakahalong emosyon na halos nananaig na sa iyong buong pagkatao.
Hanggang sa narinig mo ang mga katanungang noon lamang naitanong sa yo.
Mga tanong na tila sumusubok. Naniniyak.
At sa bawat pagsagot mo, tila nagbibitiw ka ng mga salitang ngayon mo lang naisagot sa buong buhay mo.
Sagot na nagmumula sa kaloob-looban.
Hanggang sa naramdaman mo na lang na sumasabay sa iyong pagsagot ang pagdaloy ng mainit na mga luha.
Hanggang sa ika’y nangako…. isang pangakong nararapat tuparin ng buong mong makakaya. O higit pa sa makakaya… hanggang sa huling hininga na ipapahiram.
naalala mo pa ba?
O baka naman pinawi na ito ng halos sampung (11) taong nakalipas?
Alam kong marami ang nangyari.
Naranasan mong masaktan. Umiyak. Tumawa. Magmahal. Magsaya.
Lubhang marami ang nangyari.
Baka hindi mo na napapansin, nababago ang mga bagay sa pamamagitan ng sirkumstansya.
Ng mga pangyayari.
Ng mga desisyon.
Baka magulat ka na lang, nag-iiba na pala ang lahat.
Wala na ang dating simple.
Wala na ang dating masikhay.
Wala na ang dating ipinaglalaban.
Pero hindi pa huli ang lahat.
Di maikakailang naging makulay ang buhay mo.
At kailanman ay hindi ka pinagkulangan.
Sa panahong tila walang makakatulong sa iyo..
kapag tila nasa panganib ang buhay mo…
sa panahong wala kang masulingan, walang malapitan..
sa tuwing tila nahahapo ang isipan at damdamin…
nariyan SIYA. nakaalalay. sumasagot.
Alalahanin mo ang iyong pinanggalingan. Ang tunay mong pagkatao.
salat sa maraming mga bagay.
ngunit sa kabila nito, UNA KANG INIBIG. NILINGAP.
wag mo sanang kalilimutan ang mga dahilan.
wag na wag mong kalilimutan.
(higit pa sa mga salitang nakasulat ang nais kong sabihin. TANGING SIYA LAMANG ANG NAKAKAALAM. SALAMAT SA DAKILANG LUMALANG SA MGA BAGAY NA HINDI KO NA KAYA PANG ISULAT.. SA MGA BAGAY NA HINDI KO NA KAYA PANG SABIHIN.
at sa AWA AT TULONG NIYA, NANANATILI PA RIN SA PUSO ANG PAGTUPAD SA PANGAKO…
at sa huli, MANANATILI PA RIN AKONG WALANG KABULUHAN.
SA KANYA ANG LAHAT NG KARANGALAN AT KAPURIHAN.. MAGPAKAILAN KAILAN MAN.)